Al Gore: NSA Programs Unconstitutional, 'Not Really The American Way' http://t.co/SHpkKy8cOc via @igorbobic
— Josh Marshall (@joshtpm) June 14, 2013
From Talking Points Memo
• Former Vice President Al Gore weighed in on the matter of National Security Agency surveillance programs on Friday, calling them a massive illegal undertaking that violate Americans' constitutional rights.
• Gore said: "This in my view violates the constitution. The fourth amendment and the first amendment – and the fourth amendment language is crystal clear,"
From The Guardian
• Gore told the Guardian security considerations should never overwhelm the basic rights of American citizens.
• Gore spoke on Friday from Istanbul where he was about to lead one of his climate change training workshops for 600 global activists.
• The former vice-president was also unmoved by some recent opinion polls suggesting public opinion was in favour of surveillance
White House Disputes Gore on NSA Spying - Washington Post